Open Learning guide
Welcome to the Montessori Open Learning platform where you'll find all our short courses.
Please see below for video and text guides to our website and courses.
1. Register and enrol
Browse through our courses on our Course Catalogue page. We've organised them by audience (For practitioners, For parents, For everyone). Once you've found one you'd like to attend:
- Click on Register Now and fill in the form.
- Click on Course Catalogue to find it again.
- Click on your selected course, then on Enrol.
- Once you’ve registered and enrolled, click on View Course to access it. This will take you straight to the Home tab.
2. The Course tabs and your account
When you enter your course, you will see 7 tabs at the top of each page. Here’s a short description of each of them:
- Home contains dates and news about your course.
- Course is where you’ll find the content of your course, organised into sections. Each section is further organised into pages.
- Discussion contains all forum chats, from all your course pages.
- Notes contains all digital notes you’ve kept during your course.
- Teams is a tab only for learners enrolled as a whole team.
- Social Media has links to our Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Progress is where you’ll find your certificate at the end of your course.
Click on your user icon at the top right (or on a smartphone, tap on menu first, and then on the user icon). Then select:
- Dashboard to see all the courses you’re enrolled on
- My Profile to edit your personal information
- Account Settings to edit your account details
- Sign Out to sign out
3. Work and engage
Here are three handy tools to help you work more efficiently:
- Resume Course - To access the last page you were on the previous time you logged in, click on the Course tab, then on the section which is marked as Resume Course.
- Bookmark this page - When you’re working on a particular page and you’d like to access it easily at a later point, you can bookmark it by clicking on Bookmark this page. To access your bookmarks, click on Course, then on Bookmarks at the top right.
- Notes - To keep digital notes, highlight some text and click on the pencil icon that appears. This feature is available only on desktop, laptop, and iPhone for now, but our provider will make it fully mobile in the near future. Type your comments in the box, add a tag if you’d like, and click Save. You can access all your notes at any time by clicking on the Notes tab.
To engage with other learners, look for the Discussion symbol. Click on Show Discussion under it, then on Add a Post.
To view all discussions within a course, click on the Discussion tab at the top of each page. It contains a list of discussions, clearly marked to show which course page they come from. You can also search through or filter posts. To engage with existing posts, you can add a comment or reply, vote for it via the + sign, follow the post by clicking on the star sign, or report it on the unlikely occasion that it’s inappropriate.
To let us know your views, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the end of your course there’s a section called Final Exam. This will be a final task, such as a reflection or a quiz.
Once you’ve completed your course and the final task, click on the Progress tab, then on Request Certificate. Wait a couple of minutes until it’s generated, and then click on View Certificate.
You can then print and save it, or click on the LinkedIn button to have it published on your profile.